The project Football Makes the Difference focuses on the promotion of social inclusion and equal opportunities in sport. Its main idea is to support the development of sports, and more specifically of football, in the less developed areas in Europe. The project aims to collect good practices from managers, staff, coaches, mentors, sports teams’ members and build on them in order to make football a game without borders, to support good governance in sport and to make the sports sector inclusive and tolerant.
The summarized priorities as part of the project are identified as follow:
- promoting employment, social and cultural inclusion
- equal opportunities for everyone not dependent on race, sex, social status
- integration of young people and vulnerable groups from less developed areas
- promotion of volunteering activities in sports
- increased motivation for physical activity through providing a competitive and team element