- Educating the target groups through visual content and informational articles.
- Building the public image of the organisation
How to determine my target audience?
The four common types of segmentation are:
This segment focuses on targeting people based on where they live. Common geographic segments are local, state, region, and country.
Businesses and organizations can adjust or change their product to cater to their market if they have a good understanding of geographic preferences.
Where do most of my clients live?
What characteristics are associated with a certain geographical location?
To appeal to the local audience, what type of location-specific messaging should I use?
Is there a difference between marketing in the city and marketing in the country's rural?
This separates the market into demographic categories such as age, gender, income level, relationship status, life cycle, occupation, education, religion.
Examine your consumer data to determine if any patterns emerge.
This method divides your audience into groups based on psychological characteristics such as lifestyle, social position, activities, opinions, and hobbies.
Consumers are segmented based on their product knowledge, attitudes, and use of, or reaction to, the product.
Other types of segmentation:
Customer service experiences, preferences, and expectations will differ between generations. Segmenting your audience by generation is a good technique to acquire quick insights because it includes both quantitative and qualitative features that can help you better understand your consumer base.
Seasonal segmentation capitalizes on particular occasions, events, and seasons. It's an excellent example of how timing your targeting can increase activity.
Basic channels of communication
Social media - own
- Facebook page of the organisation/club (services, sharing useful content, information about activities, sharing photos and videos from the activities)
- A YouTube channel for sharing videos from activities or activities for self-exercise and preparation
- Instagram account with promotion of the service
- Profile in Tik-Tok in order to gain popularity, present services and attract the little ones
- Website of the organization - in order to present the services and use it, sharing useful content in the "Blog", sharing photos, presenting the current activities by days and hours, the opportunity for online payment (the main channel for sale)
- Newsletter - sending up-to-date and useful information by e-mail to the evening work audience
- AdvertisingPaid advertising on social media - to reach potential customers and sales
- Paid advertising on relevant websites, visited by target segments
- Paid advertising in a magazine/local newspaper or other information resource that is presented with the interests of the target group
- Open events - an open day to present the activities and get the target group familiar with the activities,
- the opportunity to visit and participate for free in order to realize the use and value of the trainings.
Outdoor activities - organizing events, festivals, tournaments in order to show/promote the need for an active lifestyle and building an appreciation for sports
Webinars - realization of information activities and activities at home
Flyers and products - free flyers to promote the activities, free branded products such as keychains, balls, chemicals, stickers, notebooks and others for positioning and promotion, products such as T-shirts, teams and others for action for a larger public
How to use technology to generate value and public recognition to the participants and sponsors? - Famous sports brands can be promoted with their logos and sportswear, and use local media for publicity.
Funded by the European Union. Views and opinions expressed are however those of the author(s) only and do not necessarily reflect those of the European Union or the European Education and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA). Neither the European Union nor EACEA can be held responsible for them.